Thursday, July 7, 2011

Made it home from my Lap Band Surgery...can you say gasssssy???

Surgery went off with out  a hitch this morning...well...not really...guess who forgot to take her preop injection???  WHAT??? I work in a pharmacy for crying out loud!!##%#^^&^#$%#!!!

My doc was not pleased...but after a visit with the anesthesiologist...and the fact that during my pre op liquid diet (two weeks people!!) my BMI dropped to 37...they went ahead with the surgery!!!  I was freaking out!!! 

I split my 30 minutes of walking into two 15 minute sessions and felt great...by the gas in my chest and shoulders is about NASTY!!  I've used the Gas X strips twice...two each time...and I guess they aren't helping much...OR...they could be helping alot...in which case Thank Goodness!!!  Yikes...not fun. 

I think I have a little fever...DH just went to get a thermometer...why is it that we have to buy a new one every time we need one???  I don't get it.  Anyway...I feel pretty good and am so thankful it's all over.  He left my gall bladder...said it was healthy...I wish I knew how to keep it that way over the next few years!!!  If you have any tips I would love to hear them!!!  Anyway...thanks for reading...
dede

No comments: